Could get used to these radio interviews 😂. I was on about 8.05 AM ish on BBC Radio Lincolnshire if you fancy a listen back. More ramblings on half term and what to do. I really don’t know where my maiden name has come from, I guess it is still my middle name 😂.
Really we have no plans set in stone both for my sanity and theirs but here are some things I would like to try and do.
- I will set up a pancake treasure hunt for the morning. All the ingredients will have been captured by the superhero toys with clues they have to read to locate them all. A bit of fun on the pancake theme and it includes some reading and thinking first thing in the morning. You get extra points for that right? Always fun too to see if it actually makes sense when you are putting it together last thing at night.
- Work through our Captain Tom challenges from school. Ayscoughfee Hall School have put together a wonderful list of things to do at home and if you get so many done you get bronze, silver and then the Captain Tom award. Yesterday it got them building a den in the garden. Perhaps you could set up your own awards to keep them going?
- A movie day. We won’t get out of our pjs and will snuggle under a duvet, most likely watching a superhero film. I usually suggest Thor 😜.
- Get out on some letter and number hunt walks, taking our litter pickers too. Wilf loves finding numbers and letters on road signs. He is so proud of himself when he finds them.
- Finally we are going to take it easy. I’m going to get on the floor and join in their imagination games when Sybbie lets me. It’s definitely the most fun to be the baddy. Though my evil laugh yesterday has hurt my throat 😂. Go hard or go home!
Please do share ideas though. At this point I’ll pretty much try anything. Well unless it involves glitter. That is where I draw the line